Secondhand account




This is page two of a letter I wrote to my brother, Donny, who was living and studying at Phillips Exeter, in September 1966. (Or, maybe he was at Haverford.) I have no memory of Billy seeing a "flying saucer" (in Virginia Beach) and wish I had the diaries I kept as a child. Might be all kinds of stuff I've forgotten. 

I don't have an opinion on the UFO / UAS question other than it seems reasonable Earth's humans aren't the most intelligent and advanced beings in the universe and it's conceivable someone is checking us out. If they don't like what they see, we could be in a world o' hurt. If the reports are true, and the visitors are earthly neighbors, that has the potential to be bad, too.

NYT reports Oceana NAS reports UASs off the coast of Virginia Beach.

Mysterious drones reportedly hovered over the USS Kidd off the coast of California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Kidd_(DDG-100)

Mary Kidd Plumer, a friend of mine from high school, christened the USS Kidd. According to Wiki, it is the third ship named after her grandfather, Adm. Isaac Campbell Kidd, who died in the Pearl Harbor attack, and is entombed with his flagship, the USS Arizona. 

I was under the impression this most recent Arleigh Burke-class destroyer was named after Mary's dad, Adm. Isaac C., Kidd, Jr., the four-star Admiral who'd been Supreme Allied Commander, Atlantic Fleet, NATO when we were next-door-neighbors on the base in Norfolk. I must've been mistaken.

An for your further reading pleasure,

https://www.nsa.gov/news-features/declassified-documents/ufo/

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/you-can-now-explore-cias-entire-collection-ufo-related-documents-180976756/

I like the way the authors put "entire" within quotation marks.

Oh, that's what it is?

Smithsonian Magazine

Plasma?

"There is an Alien Intervention..." 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/05/17/ufo-report-include-unexplainable-sightings-former-official-says/5127064001/


I don't know what this all means but am filing it under Worrisome.



Comments

Popular Posts