Help me decide


Okay, I have an old O'Keefe and Merritt stove. It sits in my dining room because we love it and can't bear to get rid of it. The stove in the kitchen is old (26 years) but without a hint of charm and it has two cracks on the top, one of which is 1/2" wide. Needs to be replaced. Here's the question. Should I get a new stove or use this old one? We'd have to have the cabinets cut back because the old(est) stove is wider than the just plain old stove, but that would cost less than a new stove, I'd think. The oldest stove may not be as efficient as the other but, let's be honest, when was the last time I used a stove? A brand new stove would be better for resale but we're probably here for the duration. The main reason I hesitate to use the O'Keefe and Merritt is because the door makes a screechy noise when I open it and the broiler drawer makes a metal on metal screechy noise when it's opened. Maybe we could WD-40 something and make the noise stop. So, what do you think?

Comments

S. said…
Definitely get a new one. Think of the energy efficiency and all that other modern stuff. The old one has so much charm though, so just put it in your craft room and use it for storage. Put a nice top on it to use for scrapping!
Anonymous said…
It looks like the kind Rachel Ray uses on her show! I like it...but I think definitely in the kitchen instead of living room :)
ashley said…
I just had to leave it anonymously becasue I didn't have a google acct! Now I do!
This stove is bing picked up tomorrow to be repaired. Now I can pretend to be Timmy Martin's mother. The stove we've had since we bought the house in 1981 is bottom of the line and has a big crack. It's gotta go.

Popular Posts