For years, it's bothered me to have, maybe, thousands of family pictures (mostly my immediate family, for those of you that think I've made off with the family archives!), letters, articles, poems jammed in boxes, drawers, cubbyholes, willy-nilly, with no semblance of order. This summer, the one thing I accomplished (besides painting some of the interior of my house,) was that I went through and organized those treasures. I re-read letters, many letters, from Katherine and Mona back when I barely knew them, Mom, Dad, Branwen, Jessica, Marilyn, Jerry, Don, funny birthday cards from Jim and Mike, sister-to-sister cards from Mary, everyone, pretty much. Letters from Katie to David and Micah, thank you notes from Fontaine. A virtual treasure trove. I love to organize, so the process, in itself, was satisfying! And, it made me feel so good to relive the memories in the letters, to feel the love and time it took for those people to write me. I was inspired and went out and bought note cards and pretty postage stamps. Can you believe I went to two stores that sell stationery and cards and couldn't find any sheets of stationery, only note cards? What is this world coming to? Billy is a diligent, a devoted, letter-writer and I have all the letters he's sent me over the years. I appreciate the love he mailed from Alabama to Texas, in this pretty card.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

jerry denton said…
this is another test by jerry

Popular Posts