Happy Birthday, Sweet Caroline

When I typed out that title, I didn't even mean to quote the old song. I just think of her as sweet Caroline. But, sweet doesn't tell the whole story! Look at that little arched eyebrow! She was a rascal even as a seven year old. Caroline is so witty, so fun, so bright - an explosion of personality and beauty. Lots of personality and beauty. Lots and lots! We had a wonderful time the Christmas this picture was taken, at Mom's and Dad's house. I remember Caroline writing in the little journal that was kept in the boathouse, recording the adventures of the day. David, Micah, Katie and Caroline slept in the boathouse, played in the hammock, did artwork, played Charades, fished and boated. I'd love to live closer to her so I could see her more often and hear about her life. She's got a great job at an ad agency - the one that does the Geico gecko commercials, I believe. That's one of my favorite commercials. Clever, debonaire little gecko. I miss Caroline! So, I text her at random hours (about a zillionth of the times she's on my mind) and, once in awhile, we IM or talk on the phone. Every time I see her in person, I gushingly, repeatedly, tell her how much I love her. She's probably starting to think I'm weird but I just can't help it! That's the way it is. And, I betcha she's having a fantastic birthday. So, know that I'm thinking of you, Sweet Caroline!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts