The Butler Did It




Fourth grade Me wanted to be an archeologist, but now I realize that once I'd excavated things, I'd want to know all about who'd owned/made/lived in them.  The fascination lies not in the objects, but in the answers to the questions they raise.  If given the chance to explore abandoned European chateaux, as this man did, I'd get mired down in knowing everything that had ever happened in just the first room and the feelings and life experiences of every person that had ever been in that room. Not to mention how did it happen that the place is abandoned.  This kind of stuff drives me crazy. The (lack of) explanation for the Lost Colony that Mrs. Butler told us about in our sweltering, un-air-conditioned classroom at King's Grant Elementary that fateful fourth grade year still nags at me after almost half a century.  Maybe the Lost Colony started all this for me.  I blame Mrs. Butler for my tortured soul.  As in the Butler did it.  Totally unintentional joke.  Just typing along and it worked out that way.  Hysterical.

Someone at work asked me if I have big plans for the weekend and I told them that my weekend was going to be writing on my blog to try to quiet the chaos in my head.  On and on and on.  Blah, blah, blah.  Yack, yack, yack.  Drivel.  But, the links lead to articles worth reading and an interesting video.

The condition of pictured bedroom not entirely unlike that of my own.

I'd like to find this book on a similar subject.  It's not on Amazon or ebay.  What?  Unprecedented.

Comments

Popular Posts