This is Low Tide?

Still two hundred miles from the Galveston Seawall, Ike has pushed the water so much that the beach has disappeared and waves are splashing over the seawall. Locals say that the Gulf looks now like it normally looks as a storm makes landfall and meteorologists are mentioning something about "historical" storm surge. I don't know why that would be the case because it's not one of the biggest or strongest hurricanes in history but it has only been a few decades that I've understood that the weather report on the news is based on scientific information so there's quite a lot I don't know about meteorology. I seriously thought the weather report was an entertainment segment. Terry, the science guy, seemed to cringe when I told him that the other day.

Comments

Popular Posts