An interesting world


This is our new dog, Leila. Ferocious and totally hairless. I no longer have to lock my doors at night. No one would dare. By the way, you should hear my friend, Danielle, say "ferocious" with her French accent. Adorable. You should also hear her tell stories of when she and her 10 siblings were growing up on the family farm near Quebec. Apparently, the larger the family, the funnier the stories. Once, one of her sisters caught a feral cat in the woods and tied it to the front porch. Not an easy task. The cat shrieked and thrashed and eventually chewed through the rope. Danielle said, "Dat cat was soooo WUDE!! She told me that story about 18 years ago and I've laughed every time I've thought about it since. I didn't think to ask if that was the same sister that just rode a Harley down from Canada and slept in a hammock in Danielle's back yard for her whole visit! That makes me feel pretty wimpy. Oh, btw, this isn't a picture of Leila. This is a dog Micah and Carlos saw strolling around at a street market in Peru.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

jerry denton said…
This is a true beast. I thought it was a statute from Pompei until I read the note.
I know! It's so weird looKing. Micah said they were scared to death when they first saw it but it was just wondering around, not bothering anyone. It has no hair at all!
Micah said…
Hairless Pit Bull. We later saw it rough housing with a Rotweiler and then eating an unsuspecting vendor's dinner. Also - side note on the Onion - its a national satirical newspaper (The Travesty is UT's). Great pictures, Mummy!

Popular Posts