My very first nephew - born April 20, 1976 - Jeremiah Andrew Denton IV - AKA Jake

I was out of town last weekend and failed to highlight Jake's big day. My negligence and his dearness prompt me to go all out on this photo display. Jake was a History major at UVA, then traveled around the world "living his life", as I like to think of it, surfing, meeting people and gathering stories. Now he's a grown up, a writer and photographer. I don't get to spend enough time with Jake and would like to sit down and talk with him for a long time. Maybe I'm totally misreading him and, maybe I'm overstepping my bounds by speculating, but my blog gets to be my opinion so I'll just put it out there. I think he's a special person - perceptive, kind, intelligent and a thinker. I'm interested in a lot of the things that I think Jake knows about. History, reading, other cultures... Jake seems to have some of the same questions that I do (about exactly what, I'm not sure) and I wonder what answers he's come up with. When Mom was in the hospital last Nov., Jake came over often. He and Mom shared an interest in books and history and, as an observer, I felt that those were special conversations. I know Mom did.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

grandydenton said…
A very belated Happy Birthday to Jake from your great-uncle Leo !!!! Your pictures show how handsome and smart you are..Obviously you take after me..LOL !!! I am so pleased with Madeleine's blog, meeting and getting aquainted with you all..Our families don't communicate very well as we all admit and know.. Madeliene's blog is a most welcomed change. Hopefully, we will all get closer, thanks to Madeleine..I love her pictures and stories..I will soon send some old family pictures to her that may prove interesting and fun...Love to all, Uncle Leo
Uncle Leo, you're wonderful! Thanks for your comments. My friends love them, too! If you send pictures, send comments/stories with them and I'll put it all on the blog.

Popular Posts