17 Today!

In most of the pictures I have of Ben, the Birthday Boy, he's dressed up as he was when previously presented on this site, looking all spiffy, going to a dance, with his girlfriend. I have pictures of him in a suit, and as a younger boy, and in his JROTC uniform, and even as a militant-looking ten-year old dressed ready for paintball! But, this is Ben the way I see him - a kind, gentle, polite, mature young man. He's holding his niece, my great-niece, Anabelle, in March of 2006. Ben has grown since then and is getting ready to graduate from high school and head to VMI in the Fall. He's going to be a huge success, and happy there, because he epitomizes a "rat". According to the VMI website, cadets prescribe to the "highest standards of honor, respect, civility, self-discipline and professionalism" and those are certainly all attributes possessed by Ben. He also has a wry sense of humor, is relaxed and flexible, well-spoken and interesting. A great kid. And we all love him. Happy birthday, Benjamin Downey Denton.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Unknown said…
cont. However, i did not let him go. I said you can survive beeing wout her for 24 hours. Plus he stays home when she is gone so we get to see him more...
Unknown said…
My first comment got lost. Ben is actually 18. Can you believe it. We are very proud of Ben too. Thank you for the nice write up on Ben. Fontaine and maxine came over and we had Ben's choices for dinner...Nice marinated tuna and a special cake for dessert. He left half an hour ago to go and meet his girlfriend at the Oceana Horse Stables. She was returning from a horse show in lexington. He wanted to go up there, but...
I don't know why I said 17. I knew it was 18. Ah, Oceana Stables. I'm going to have to have him take me out there this summer. I took lessons there when I was a little girl and met Terry there when I was 20.

Popular Posts