THANK YOU, KIMMY COLESLAW!!! THE COOKIES WERE DELICIOUS!

My first very best friend, Kim, is still such a good friend that she surprised me by baking and mailing me a batch of my grandmother's cookies last week. See earlier post. It was so sweet, I wish my mom were here so I could tell her. I think that so many times a day. Kim also lost her mother suddenly last year and I know those cookies were sent with a lot of love. This picture was taken at Cheatham Annex, outside of Williamsburg. We used to rent a cabin there, often with friends. We liked to run, playing "The Most Dangerous Game" in the woods, sleep in sleeping bags on the screened porch and wait for the raccoons to come raid the trash cans, fish on the little pier, and pretend to live like the early settlers in the Virginia wild. Pictured: Foreground - Tornado Mike, who was the young son of Bill, the co-pilot who was shot down with my dad and his wife, Janie, who remained one of my mother's dearest friends to the very day we lost her. Behind Mike, left to right, Jerry, Jim, my brother Michael, me looking ghoulish, and Kim. Mary sitting on Jim's back. Bill in background.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is this picture circa 1970 or 1976? You know I can't see!!! Anyway, it's a great group shot. I like how you give a description of the pics... You really should write that book....
The picture was taken in July 1970.

Popular Posts