Happy Birthday, Denton!

Denton is 11 years old today! He's every bit as sweet as he looks in this picture but he's also an athlete, an artist and has a clever sense of humor. I've spent time with him at Mom and Dad's house and his house and my house and am always amazed at what a special person he is. One of my favorite things I've done in years was in late February when I went with Mary and her family from Atlanta to the B & B at Ponder Cove, North Carolina, in the back seat of Mike's big red pickup with Bartlett and Denton to attend Mary and Mike's wedding. Of course, I've known and loved those boys since they were babies (actually, since before they were born when I loved the very idea of Mary's children) but I felt like I really got to know them on that trip. We had so much fun. We ate at Cracker Barrel or some such place which was like a country store full of funny things to buy and interesting people, watched Bartlett and Denton have a snowball fight on the sidewalk of the small town strip center where we stopped so they could buy a marriage license from friendly and quirky marriage license sellers, took pictures with our portable cameras, watched Denton and Bartlett look for evidence of wildlife on the side of the mountain, got snowed out of the pre-wedding festivities with the rest of the families because we couldn't get up their mountain because of the snow. Denton was a fun traveling partner and I can't wait to see him again!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

grandydenton said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DENTON !!!!! Love that first name....One of these days, we'll all get together..I would like that...Thanks to Madeleine's blog, I am learning more and more about my wonderful extended family...What a super great family !!!! Uncle Leo

Popular Posts