Pretty Girl

Fillies grow quickly, don't they?  Holsteiner Horse Assoc. has rules that must be followed when naming a registered horse.  For fillies, the name must begin with a certain letter each year.  This year it's E.  Micah's first choice for Lanie is Esprit de Liberté (her mama's name is Liberty, plus Micah is all about liberty).  She also chose a name with the word Trinket in it.  Elegant Trinket, maybe.  In Sept., Lanie will go to Holsteiner Approvals in Fort Worth and go before a panel of German judges who will, I think, rate her on movement, confirmation, etc..  As with everything on my blog, this may not be correct.  Take anything I say with a grain of salt.  But, I am pretty sure that's what I was told.  I don't really know anything about it, but am thinking that a road trip to Fort Worth is in order.  I want to stay in the hotel Micah and I stayed in when we went up there for her AP teacher seminar a couple of summers ago.  It was in an old western (haunted, I hope) hotel.

Comments

Popular Posts