Five weeks late, minutes old

 Micah called me at 3:30 this morning to tell me that Liberty had, 5 weeks late, finally foaled.  I jumped out of bed and pulled up the webcam. Micah and I (she in Boston) watched together for almost two hours.  The little filly is precious with long, white socks and long, long legs.  I had to quit watching and stay too busy to think about it, because, at first, the baby wasn't standing like a new foal should and Liberty wasn't producing enough milk. Whenever there's a problem, my mind rushes to the worst possible scenario ending and get unreasonably afraid and today was no different.  Courtney, with her cooler head, and her helpers, had to lift the foal up to nurse and help everything along.  They must've done everything just right, because when my friend, Trish, and I went to see the new baby late this afternoon, she was much stronger. 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts