Jerry kept a bit of a low profile at the reception. Probably, understandably, trying to dilute the spectacle created by the rest of the family. Here he is taking a break with two of his grandchildren, Edward's and Kim's children, Elizabeth and Anabelle. I've had a couple of a good conversations with Jerry since returning home which made up for barely having opportunity to exchange pleasantries over the weekend. I kinda miss that guy. But, enough about Jerry. Let's get to the compelling story behind this picture. Elizabeth may be the brightest child I've ever met. Anabelle could be even more so, but she didn't break from creating her museum-quality artwork to flaunt it. Not only can Elizabeth do algebra in her head, when she was five, amusing herself at a restaurant while the grownups talked about boring things, she made up her own math system that includes the colors of the rainbow. What the hell? I don't even know my multiplication tables. I sure as hell don't know what 6 times X minus yellow is. As you can see, I don't know how to construct an algebreic expression either. And I had to ask Terry what those formulas are called that have Xs in them. To my knowledge, Math genius hasn't been evidenced in the family before. We're mostly useless History/English types. I'm guessing Kim's genes are the source of Elizabeth's genius. Edward has his own set of talents and superior qualities of which I become more aware every time I see him. I'll go into that another time.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts