I will soon turn my attention back to the topic that's always on my mind. There are just so many fascinating people and situations in 18th Century France that the choices are overwhelming. Where to begin? Tomorrow, I'm going to an exhibit and lecture at the museum entitled "Life and Luxury: The Art of Living in Eighteenth-Century Paris," and to a French movie with English sub-titles, five-star, "Love Crime." All that input into my little brain will confuse me even more. Where to begin? Well, I'll end tonight with my new friend, whom I've named Axel. He's in my office which is beginning to look like a theme park. I say good morning to him when I get to work, and today, when I left, I said, "Goodbye, darling." And, the downward spiral continues.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Big Dog said…
Who is Axel?
Count Axel Fersen was one of Marie Antoinette's most loyal friends. I pretend that the snazzy dresser on the lamp in my office is Fersen. Theirs was an interesting relationship. Go to main page of blog, on right side, scroll to links, choose Axel Fersen. You might like the posts.

Thank you for your comment!

Popular Posts