Monica's family

The day Micah was born, at home, little six-year old Monica was the first person, besides the midwife, Terry, David and me to hold her. Terry walked out on the bike path, carrying Micah, and Monica came out. She was already a big part of our lives, because she and her sister, Dana, frequently played with David, at our house. She's still a big part of our lives, in absencia. Now she lives in California. To see her as a new mommy is special to me. Without make-up, in this picture, Monica looks just like she did when she was six and I love the expressions on each of their faces. Now that I think of it, my friend, Martha, took David to the pool the day Micah was born and brought him home afterwards. I'm not sure if they'd come home when Terry walked on the bike path or not. If not, Monica held Micah before David did. If so, Martha and David held Micah before Monica did. No one, but me, would care which came first, but it's inconsequential details like that that keep me wondering about things all day long. I have to have the big picture and everything sorted properly in my head. The IMPORTANT thing, the very important thing, is that this is Monica and her new family and I'm so happy for them.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts