Monday, November 3, 2014

Dark Day at Black Walnut

The fact that Black Walnut is closing may seem trivial to those who haven't bared their souls and laughed their asses off (Sorry, Mom) in their booths, but it is serious damn business to me!. 

They're unveiling a new, bigger, better Black Walnut on Wed..  They say I'll love it.  We'll see about that.

Trish and I had our last tète-â-tète there tonight. ( I hate when people throw those French phrases around, don't you?  Annoying.)

I'll adjust to the new place.  Will have to, I suppose.





Highly unusual for me to get past a disagreement with someone, to not remain hurt past when the average person would - I continued to love Black Walnut even after they told me that dogs weren't allowed.


Barbara, best travel partner ever.  I couldn't ask for a better friend.  Except she continues to order salad even though I order what's probably the most fattening thing on the menu.  Whatev.  She makes up for it with the wine ordering.

I ran into Kirsten, David's 1st grade teacher there about a year ago.  I was her 1st room mom.  We went to her wedding that year (David is getting ready to turn 30!) and now her sons are high school students.  Explain that.  I can't quite grasp it.

No comments: