Theatre

I want to stand in this theatre and really contemplate the scenes that must've taken place here...  Play practice with the Comte d'Artois, Comte de Vaudreuil and the other actors, Campan watching from the wings;  choosing their costumes, laughing over the inevitable missed cues and flubbed lines;  Louis XVI laughing with the careless abandon denied him in the rest of his daily life;  the luxurious fabrics used in the costumes and curtains; the glowing candles and torches.  This little theatre must've been such a source of great joy to Marie Antoinette and her family.  And, I bet it, and the rest of the surrounding buildings, smelled a lot better than Versailles.  That would matter to me.

Comments

I've stood in that theatre now. In fact, I've stood on the stage with my friends, Elissa and Matt, a private guide and a security guard. A profound experience.
I've stood in that theatre now. In fact, I've stood on the stage with my friends, Elissa and Matt, a private guide and a security guard. A profound experience.

Popular Posts