When I was in 4th grade, my friend, Lynn, moved from Virginia Beach, where we went to elementary school together, to Smithfield, Virginia. I began visiting her and made friends there and continued to visit Smithfield until I got married and moved away. One of the friends I made there was Chuck Gale. I'm going to skip a lot of the story, but Lynn and Chuck got married a few years ago. (I'm proud of the fact that I was a little bit instrumental in that union. Can't take much credit, though, because it was destiny.) Very, very sadly Chuck passed away in September. I was grateful, on my recent trip to Virginia to be able to spend the night at Lynn's. It meant a lot to me. And, it makes me happy to know that Chuck was able to be with Lynn and see this beautiful view from their living room every day. He loved the water and surely recognized and appreciated the splendor of this view. At night, the lights on the bridge spanning the river in the distance form a sparkling arch that left me in awe.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts