Happy Birthday, Nisha

Nisha and her mom, my dear friend, Danielle, were in Paris several years ago on the day one of the Harry Potter books was published and scoured the city for this English edition. (And, because Micah also loves Harry, and because Danielle indulges my children's every whim, they brought home a French edition for Micah, who wanted one though she speaks not a word of the language.) Today, I want to wish sweet, beautiful Nisha a special day. She's in California, a college freshman, getting ready to study theatre at USC, and I want her to know we're thinking of her. Sweetie, because you're so far away, and we miss and love you and want to celebrate your day in a fitting manner, we're going to Anthro and I'll encourage your mom to spend beaucoups on "a little happy", as my mother used to say, to put in a post-birthday care package. Spoil yourself on your birthday! xoxo
Posted by Picasa

Comments

danielle Balsara said…
I can't believe that day passed and I managed to enjoy it. I resigned myself to celebrating in my heart! I miss being around this amazing human being, every day but I am so thrilled that she is happy and well adjusted....Call on me anytime Madeleine....
Debe said…
YOU have created an amazing keepsake for your kids!! I could never be as conversational as you are about something so dear to my heart. Think it...& that is it. But...I don't think I feel that strongly about anything except my family and we are realllllly boring!! Love your slant on life! What shall we discuss tomorrow as you stand at my door? Or I at yours....???
I've been thinking about what you said about cellphones. You're absolutely right!
Danielle, we still have to fill up that care pkg :)

Popular Posts