Nathalie

Posted by PicasaNathalie's father, Peyton, and mine were brothers. She was raised in Florida and I in Virginia and it had been over forty years since we'd seen each other. She took the admirably bold step of moving to Paris not too many years ago. To the town of Versailles, to be exact. I didn't know real people got to live in Versailles. Talk about living the dream. So, I looked her up when I was in France. We met at Les Deux Magots and told family stories over a glass of wine. I was privileged to be the first, in her extended family, at least, to meet her new husband, Razvan. He's the kind of guy that you spend two minutes with and know is a really nice person. And, as you can see, they're both beautiful. I'm less confident of what he thought of me. Like I said, we told family stories. I hope I didn't leave a bad impression.

Comments

Popular Posts