COUNT AXEL VON FERSEN AND MARIE ANTOINETTE, QUEEN OF FRANCE


Historians have been unable to state, unequivocally, the nature of the relationship between the Axel Fersen and Marie Antoinette and I'm sure not going to take on the task. It's crystal clear, though, that they were at least devoted friends for the whole of her adult life. They met at a masquerade ball when they were both eighteen years old. He didn't know until a small crowd began to gather that the charming masked woman with whom he was chatting was the dauphine. (This image is a combination of two portraits. They didn't pose for portrait together.)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Micah said…
You're so cute! A very good writer, too. I love you!
Unknown said…
I would concur with Ms. Doak. Quite an excellent writer and an excellent historian. I am fascinated though European history has never been my fortee.
Micah said…
Is this the guy who's ancestor owned the hotel we will be staying in?

Popular Posts