Inspiration

This is my boss (second from left) with some of the women in her life. I didn't ask if I could put this on my blog but, since it was already online, it's public property. Sheredian is kind of like "Madonna" in that she's famous enough to be known by her first name only. Google her name and you'll see why. She's the person who showed me how to set up a blog and has encouraged me to continue. "Encouraged" in that she went so far as to tell me, after I'd quit doing it, that I couldn't take two days off to go to Michael's birthday unless I posted on my blog. She can be very persuasive. As you can see, by this scrapbook page that she made, she's very creative and talented. And pretty! She's also funny, supportive, fun, thoughtful, tireless, smart, meticulously accurate, unflappable, poised and loyal. Definitely one of the most logical people I've ever met - I stand in her office doorway and obsess about the issue at hand while she patiently listens, then cuts right to the core, nailing the truth right on the head. Sometimes she has to repeatedly tap that nail while I wring my hands and continue to get lost in irrelevant details as she calmly repeats herself until I listen. She said I always have to have the last word (a opinion inadvisably confirmed by Micah and Terry later) but I still don't believe it. If she didn't always say something after me, I wouldn't have to say another word. We are in the midst of a big project and, honestly, I'm not sure why she hasn't fired me. I make a lot of mistakes. I mean well, really I do. I won't ennumerate the excuses I've come up with - they're all pretty lame. But, Sheredian continues to bring me Starbucks in the morning, handmakes cards for me, and is a friend in ways large and small.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Clare said…
Cuz you're awesome and invaluable. Duh.
Ah, the phantom office aide! You, of all people know the extent of my ineptitude. I was just reminding Mrs. V about how I handed you the boys soccer scholarship list along with a stack of papers for the shredder about this time alst year. The shredder hadn't even stopped smoking when she asked for the list. I'll always remember frantically searching for it in the stacks of paper on my desk, then hearing your hesistant voice breaking the news to me that I'd just told you to shred it! That may well have been the lowest point of last year's debauchle! Believe it or not, it's better this year. After that performance, the bar was lowered so I'm just occasionally bumping my head on it. Haven't had to mail merge or use Excel yet, so .... Keep your cell phone with you at all times. ICOE. An acronym puzzle for you to solve!
Clare said…
In Case Of Emergency
You forget, M Dawg. I am a child of the technology age. :)

I used Google.

^That was a lie for comical effect.^

I am glad to hear that things are going better this year, though. My cell phone is... on silent, for the moment, so I can sleep as late as I want. Going to bed at 5 AM = dumb, but there are ways around complete dain bramage. A Spoonism for you to solve. :)
What does spoonism mean?! I will have to go to dictonery.com
Clare said…
Ummm my grandmother told me a long time ago that Dr. (or Professor?) Spoon coined the term, I suppose. It's usually just a slip of the tongue where you switch the first consonant sounds of two words, so dain bramage = brain damage, bahter wottle = water bottle, etc.

Popular Posts