Chuckie's Inspiration

I found this Chatty Cathy doll on Woodlands Online, our version of Craig's List. Is this frightening or what? Did anyone else have this doll? I did. And Nurse Nancy, the one I got in 1st grade, that coughed and whined and complained, "My stomach hurts." The nuns at St. Joseph's got a big kick out of it. Why is it that I got weird dolls and Mary got Madame Alexander dolls? Probably because Mom knew me like a book. I loved those dolls! It didn't even bother me the way their eye lids opened and closed over their blue glass eyes. The most beautiful baby doll I've ever seen belonged to Monica, our next door neighbor. He was made by Zapf, she named him Kevin after a boy in her class. I searched for that doll for so long but they had stopped making them. Now that I think of it, Katie Denton has a Kevin doll, too. I think Mom gave it to her for Christmas. I also remember the brightly colored alarm clock Mom got Caroline when she was little. Shaped like a bird or something. The alarm sound was something unusual, too. I'll have to ask Caroline about that.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Kimmy Coleslaw said…
Wow - good thing we didn't know about Chuckie in those days or that doll really would have been scary!! My favorite dolls I had when I was young were Little Kiddles - think that's how it's spelled - I managed to hang on to a few of them - but they are pretty ratty. Think one of us had a Chatty Cathy too, but after being played with by all the Coulsting clan most of ours toys weren't worth hanging on to, or is that what mom just said and truly she wanted more space and less clutter? hmmmm....

Popular Posts