TWHS College and Career Center

Here's my desk. Uncharacteristically neat. After I scanned and looked at this picture, the sign-in sign, which was meant to be light-hearted, seemed harsh. I took it down. This is just the corner of the office. To the right, are maybe twenty computers for kids to use to research, prepare for and apply to colleges. The room has college pennants hanging around the perimeter, college posters covering the walls, shelves full of catalogs, books, articles, periodicals, DVDs. I LOVE my job! Why? Love the staff. the way they care about and want the best for the students. Love feeling like I'm part of my children's world because, even though they aren't there now, they used to be. Love my post-it notes, entering stuff into the computer and the simple pleasure of writing with a good pen, a smooth pen. Love my boss - her sense of humor, take-charge attitude, and truthfulness, rational-ness. Her office is right behind my desk, around the corner, to the left. "The (wo)man behind the curtain" comes to mind every time a student comes in to see her and doesn't realize where her office is tucked away. As in, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain," from the The Wizard of Oz. Love high school students - all of them. Unceasingly amazing, each and every one. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts