Not so distant history

I still melt when I look at this picture of David when he was about 18 months old. Forgive the cliche but, as any parent will attest, it seems like yesterday. I clearly remember that day - dressing him in this soft, cuddly clothes that Jim and Marilyn sent to him and going to the semi-run down Olan Mills studio that used to be across the freeway. Of course, I still have it the outfit up in the attic! It's kind of weird to look back at pictures and distinctly recall the texture and fit of the fabric, isn't it? This turtleneck collar kind of rolled down instead of standing up and, eventually, the edges of the cuff sleeves got kind of grimy. It may have been made in some sweatshop, in a country where the citizens ate their dogs or something because whoever cut out the appliqued Scottie was unfamiliar with the shape of a dog's head. It's still one of my favorites and he wore until I couldn't stuff him into it anymore. Then Micah wore it.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts