My first best friend

Hey, you guys, this is Kimmy Coleslaw! Isn't she adorable? We met at King's Grant Elementary and she was a big part of my childhood. She went to Cheatham Annex with my family, went to Don's wedding and sat up at night with me, watching out of the window to see Billy come home. She's about fifteen in this picture which I bought off of a table from which the First Colonial yearbook staff was selling extras. We can talk for hours without missing a beat. Just catching each other up on her four siblings and my six takes a chunk of time. Kim read my grandmother's potato chip cookie recipe on my blog and made them and mailed them to me. Her mother died completely unexpectedly the year before mine did and her support was so appreciated when I needed it. Thanks, Kim.Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your too sweet - and what's with that horrible hair !!! Anyway - I have had you on my mind because I know the one year anniversary of your mom's passing is fast approaching - I will keep you and the rest of the family in my prayers - the firsts are always the hardest! I know this Thanksgiving will be difficult. I love you lots and keep you and your family always in my thoughts.
P.S. Off to FL to meet the one we spoke about last time we talked!! An out of the box move. XO
OMG!!! Kim, you have to call me. My mouth dropped open when I read that about FL. We really need to talk! I miss you and want to go to VA to see you! Maybe soon or at least in a few months. Hey, your hair is one of my favorite things about that picture. When I first posted it, I talked about how our friendship waned because of your boyfriend and how I sort of went another direction afterwards but I didn't think you remembered the situation the same way I did then you told me that you had told your girls about it... I took that part of the post off because it seemed too personal...
Send me an email before you to to FL. I definitely need an update. If it weren't so late, I'd call you right now! I love you!
Anonymous said…
Hey Mal - I'll give you a call this weekend. What's the best time? I'm leaving for the trip next Friday,11/21, and we are going to drive to Naples and visit his parents on Sunday, so I'm going to return on Monday, 11/24,I am nuts I know, but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained. I have a good feeling about it though - except for the 25 pounds I would have liked to have lost !!!! I love you too, you know that and regret to this day my youthful studipity with the boyfriend thing - you are still and always will be soooo special to me - come visit ANYTIME. Lots of love

Popular Posts