Uncle Peyton's girls - Natalie, Renee and Audrey

My cousin, Audrey, called me today! It may have been about 1975, when my friend, Stacy, and I drove to FL, since we've spoken, or it may have been almost ten years before that. Too long. She called me at work so we only talked long enough for me to stick my foot in my mouth a few times. I'll call her back and further humiliate myself asap. Excited about the chance to get to know her. She only lives four or five hours from me so wouldn't it be fun to meet for a weekend visit? Really, a weekend visit in Alabama, at the Battlehouse or Dauphin Island would be great. We could pool our knowledge and photos and lay more groundwork for The Book. That probably sets some hearts pounding - in anticipation or fear. Or might she be the longed for European travel-mate? Those of you who've adored my pleas will be "pea-green with envy" (identify that quote) when we fly to Paris. You know, Natalie lives in Paris! But, whoa now, we've only talked for five minutes so I'm getting ahead of myself. If she reads this, she may run and hide!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

jerry denton said…
Tell Audrey I said hello. It has been too many years, but I think of her and her parents often. Did she ever start practicing law? Didn't she go to France? How is Renee??
grandydenton said…
These three ladies are three of my favorite beautiful Florida beach girls....I always thought of Renee as the girl in the song,"The Girl from Epineepa" (can't spell it, but that's OK) Jerry #3, I think Natalie is the lawyer in their family..I think she lives is Paris...Maybe Audrey can post a comment and straighten us out...I think they were all expert horse riders...Uncle Leo
grandydenton said…
I love Madeleine's sugggestion that all our extended famlies get together in Mobile, either at the Battle House Hotel or Dauphin Island...Either location would be great, but Dauphin Island would best in my opinion...My entire family have had reunions there once or twice a year for many years...Leo and Rosie and their many kids live, fish, swim, and play there...At our big reunions, you should see all my grandkids playing on the many monster sand dunes, sometimes all day and a good part of the night...My son Joe has a great boat, and he knows where the fish are, especially very large red snappers...We usually have a family talent show, featuring mostly grandkids...Irene and my son Joe's wife, Kathy, usually make the reservations for the beach houses...Madeleine, maybe you could contact Irene or Kathy and get this super family reunion planned...OK ???? Love to all, Uncle Leo

Popular Posts