Guess who else's birthday is August 1st ????

Happy Birthday to my Uncle Leo, my father's youngest brother. He's a very active 77 year old who gardens, teaches water aerobics at the Y, has published an inspiring book of prayers and spends time with his children and grandchildren. He and his family are good friends of Bill's. When my mother died, I had a long talk with Uncle Leo and have since been exchanging emails. I'm grateful for the renewed contact with him and his children and appreciate his insight and the stories he can share. Several of my friends have mentioned how much they like his posts to my blog. He's a cutie alright! Two of his grandchildren have started blogs so check them out via the link on my blog. Our dear Aunt Mignon passed on very suddenly three years ago so he and his children know what we're going through. He sent the picture of this handsome trio (of Dad, baby Leo and in the middle, Peyton, who has passed on) to me, today. I bet Dad has either never seen it or hasn't seen it in a long time, so I hope it makes him smile.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

grandydenton said…
Thanks for the birthday wishes, Madeleine !!!!!! Also, thanks for your kind words about me...Like you, I am very happy that we exchange emails...You and I like to write..You are a great writer and I love your blog...I check it out often...I wish more of your family would make comments and send pictures..Maybe Bill could write one of his poems once in a while...That would be great...Bill is the poet in our family...Bill and I go way back...He is a good friend...I miss you, Bill...

For my birthday, my grandkids and some of my kids sent me birthday drawings like little kids draw in kindergarten...Many years ago, when they were very young, I remember their crayon drawings...Over the years, Mignon always sent them all birthday presents and I did very little for their birthdays..After Mignon died, I wanted to do something on their birthdays, so I started drawing and emailing them sketches on their birthdays, very much like their old crayon drawings...I have 20 grandchildren and I have drawn these for them for a year or so...Well, this year, almost everyone of them sketched me a drawing for my birthday...All day today, they were scanning me their drawings...It was a complete surprise to me...I loved them all...It made me think that they really did appreciate my birthday drawings to them...Well, I just wanted to share that story with you guys...Much love to each and every one of you...Hope to see you all someday...Uncle Leo

Popular Posts