Micah's First Snow

Photo taken winter before last when she was visiting her boyfriend in Providence, the first time she saw snow. Embracing the world, as usual, and as she was in the previously posted picture that was taken when they were in Peru. And, I think I've posted one of her in the same position, that was taken in Europe. Arms out, ready for anything! I have another picture that I like more but the snow is swirling so much that she's not as visible so I'll post this one instead. She's spending the summer in RI, loves it and is having a great time but is, alas, still unemployed! Not for lack of trying. She's applied for a bunch of jobs - started off in early Spring at museums and stuff in her field (a History major, formerly an Art History major) but is now hitting the retail stores. She's living off money she saved from being a TA (Teaching assistant) at University of Texas this past year. And, as you can see from her email to the right, salvaging stuff out of the trash of other students. Loves a bargain, that one! She does have a job lined up, teaching SAT Prep for Kaplan but it is part-time and doesn't start until late-July. But, Micah is the scrappiest, most determined person I know and will, no doubt, manage. I'm really excited because Katherine and I are going to take the train up to visit Micah, the day after Katie's wedding. I miss her my sparkly little girl!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Micah said…
Update: I now have two jobs. :)

Your blog is entirely about the rest of the family - what are you up to?
Up to no good. Secret business.

Popular Posts