Pony Boy Sittin' Tall

This is Terry on one of those ponies that was led around neighborhoods during the 1960's. Doesn't he have a cute faraway look in his eyes? Imagining himself riding the range. For a few dollars a child could have their picture taken on this traveling pony. They may have been a pretty common sight in America because this picture was taken in Lubbock, TX and we have one of Mike and another of me on what looks like the same black and white pony but our's were taken in Virginia. Anyone remember Irene singing Pony Boy and bouncing us on her knee? I sure do. And, Terry and I played the same little game with our kids. I bet Irene never knew that she'd influenced us so. In fact, I published a picture a couple of months ago of Micah playing Pony Boy with Denton in France. And, the tradition continues...
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts