It's Eliza Jane's Mommy's birthday

I'm thinking of Jessica on her birthday and hope she'll have a beautiful day. I've always felt very close to my first niece - ever since she was a little bitty girl - and I think we both recognize the connection. It started, for my part, because I thought she looked like me when she was a baby. Unfortunately, the resemblance was short-lived. Jessica is tender-hearted, sensitive, and delicate. A treasure. I'll always remember my new favorite Jessica memory. When we were at Jerry's house one night, I believe it was the very night Mom died, Jessie and Billy sat at the dining room table, heads together, bowed, as Billy spoke of his feelings for Mom. Jessica wrote down every word. I read it later and was so moved by his intuition and her committing it to paper for us to save. I love Jessica and can't wait to see her at Katie's wedding in June.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a beautiful picture - if this wasn't in a magazine somewhere it should have been !! Enjoying the blog Mal, keep up the good work. XO
Thanks, Kimberly Michelle. This picture may have been taken by a professional but, as far as I know, it wasn't published. It's beautiful, isn't it? Why don't you do a blog? You've got as much material as I do and the same motivation. Do you have a scanner? Look at www.blogger.com and see how easy it is.
Micah said…
Great picture! I can't wait to see everyone at Katie's wedding!
Always happy for positive feedback from my favorite girl. Thanks, Micah!
Anonymous said…
Perhaps when Aubrey leaves for school that will be a nice little project for me. The scrapbooks I have promised to make could carry over into a blog!! We'll see - for now I'll enjoy yours and then I learn from a master. XO
grandydenton said…
A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESSICA !!!!!!! This is a beautiful picture of two of the most beautiful people I've ever seen in my life, and I have seen some beauties...I have really enjoyed Madeleine's blog...I am learning so much of our wonderful extended family...I am truly amazed...What a family !!!!! I really would like to see you all one day...Uncle Leo
grandydenton said…
Is that Jessica in that Swarvski advertisement ??? If that swan is their trademark or logo, that is why they chose Jessica...She is so beautifully swanlike...Uncle Leo
Yes, that's Jessica in the ad. I'll put some of her other ads up sometime.

Popular Posts