What's your name, Birthday Girl?

Even though I've known her since 4th grade when she got to be Mrs. Butler's teacher's pet, there's still some question in my mind as to what her name really is. Lynne, Lynnie, Lynn, Alan, Alynn? She seems to have aliases but I'm not sure why. I have thought of her every April 8 since 4th grade but it could be that today is not her birthday at all. I'll get to ask her soon. She's coming to Texas next week, with a mutual friend, and we're going to go to an Astros game and spend the evening ironing out her identity and the amazing coincidences that have marked our relationships. This picture was taken at Oceana Stables in Va Bch, where we took riding lessons. (She's the blond on the left. Sorry for the poor quality.) I loved that place. Lynne and I took lessons there when we were little, then she moved to Smithfield and I visited her and, through her, met friends there and spent many an exciting weekend in that wonderful place. Then, almost 10 years later (which seemed like forever back them), I bought a horse in Smithfield and moved him to Oceana. Where I then met Terry who was the person I hired to trailer my horse to Oceana. After almost 30 years of sporatic contact, Lynne and I are fast friends again. And I'm fast friends again with another Smithfield friend who told me once that we'd be friends forever but then tried to dodge me for 30 years. The coincidences don't end there. An interesting turn of events after the three of us had dinner together last year, as well. But, that's a story for another day. Happy birthday, Lynnie!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts