Irene and me, on her porch swing, in about 1990 or so.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

TNTDSL said…
I have many memories of this porch with it's ferns and the view of Providence St.

This is where Grandmom (Irene) filmed her commercial for your Dad's campaign, too.
grandydenton said…
HOWDY YA'LL !!!! Living in Texas and Alabama for many years qualifies me to say HOWDY YA'LL..I would like to add to Tom's comment about my mother's porch swing..I spent many hours just laying in that swing enjoying the summer breezes and just swinging and dreaming..We moved to 107 Providence Street in Mobile, Mother, Jerry, Peyton and me...I was 4 years old, the baby, and future black sheep of the family...LOL !! Mother loved flowers, especially her ferns hanging on the porch..My interest in plants did't blossom until very recently, after Mignon died..I guess I felt that I had to continue the Denton green thumb that mother and Mignon tried to give me.. Yesterday, I bought some ferns for my little front porch and will hang them up in a few minutes after I post this comment on Madeliene's blog.. Spring is finally here and time for yard work..My thumb is not very green yet, but to my surprise I am enjoying doing yard work and just being out in the sun...See ya'll later...Uncle Leo / Dad / Grandy

Popular Posts