Ben (Jerry's 4th son)and his girlfriend, Claire, before going to the Military Ball last weekend.

Comments

jerry denton said…
There is a picture, taken at some ceremonial occassion in the last 20 years of Dad sitting in full dress whites, holding an Old Fashion, and me standing beside him. He is giving me that "you know what this is all about look," that only Dad can give. The picture is in a nice silver, gold trimmed frame, which I put it in some years ago when I kept it on my desk at work. At some point Ben absconded with the picture and placed on his dresser, in a sign of his unstated understanding of also "knowing what this is all about." I noticed recently that Ben has wedged a snapshot if himself, also in in full dress ROTC uniform, into the same frame, now junxtaposed with his father and grandfather. We are looking for great things from Ben. But, as Dad remarked some years ago, be careful what you pray for. But you have to do what you have to do, and I know Ben will do it very well.
Anonymous said…
This is such a lovely couple. I love the comments made by the proud Dad. Would love to see the photo of the 3 generations in their uniforms. What a great legacy!

Popular Posts